Sunday, May 10, 2015

Featured Artist #5: Sophia Mujahid (Youtube Guru)

Hello everyone :>. I have started taking interviews/ featurettes to feature here. If you would like to get featured with your work email me with your best work at : saoirsechic@gmail.com. Now for the juicy part. Today's guest is someone very special to me. She is not only a very talented young chic herself but also became my close friend in past few months. One day, I was surfing youtube and I came across a hot chic giving makeup tutorials. I decided to message her on instagram. To my surprise I come to know she is from my own city i.e Islamabad. I was so happy to see someone from my city being so talented. From that day & on wards we became very good buddies :>. It's amazing to see how you can come across such awesome artists online & eventually become good friends with them. Say hello to super talented Sophia Mujahid, the beauty guru , model & makeup artist. She not only gives awesome tutorials on youtube channel but also models/hosts part time:

"I may not upload videos on frequent basis, but I do put a lot of efforts and time into making them. So that my viewers can learn something from them."

Question#1: 
Hello Sophia, thank you so much for taking out time from your busy schedule for our interview today.  Starting from scratch, can you please share how did you start out as a YouTuber? Was it hard getting views/comments at the beginning?.

Answer: I've always had a massive interest in Makeup and Fashion. I started doing my makeup when I was very young, I used to play with my mum's makeup all the time. As a child, I would lay out all of my cosmetics and just practice applying makeup. In 2008, I discovered YouTube, and came across all these amazing videos of people showing how they do their makeup. I was so fascinated by them. I would watch their videos all day & learn different tips and tricks from them. It taught me how to do my own makeup the right way and because of that, I started feeling much better about myself. This boosted my confidence level.

A year later, I decided to make my own video and upload it on YouTube. I wasn't expecting anyone to watch it as I only did it for fun. A few days later, people started subscribing to my channel and the video had gained over a 100 views. Even though I did such a terrible job(since it was my first video), but people were commenting good stuff saying they really liked my video. 

Then, I didn't upload any videos for months and that is when I started getting messages from my subscribers asking me to make more videos. A few of them even stated that I am their inspiration and I should continue making videos. After seeing such a good response, I thought to myself: I should help other people find their confidence as well, by sharing my knowledge with them. This way they can enhance their natural beauty and feel good about themselves (not necessarily by using expensive makeup products). I may not upload videos on frequent basis, but I do put a lot of efforts and time into making them. So that my viewers can learn something from them.

****************************

 "It takes me a whole day to film and 3-5 days to edit the video"

Question#2:
That's very sweet of you to think about your viewers so genuinely. Your makeup tutorials are amazing. How much time does it takes for editing/making a single video?

Answer: Why thank you so much for acknowledging my work. It takes me a whole day to film and 3-5 days to edit the video.

***********************

"I use whatever makeup products I can get and make the best out of it"

Question#3:  Wow that's a lot of time for editing & making a video, a hard job I would say. What makeup brands do you use? What are your favorites?

Answer: Well, unfortunately I can't really afford high end makeup products such as MAC, NARS, Urban Decay, etc. They rarely sell those brands here and even if they do, they're extra expensive here. I use whatever makeup products I can get and make the best out of it. There's a local makeup brand that I really like called "Christine", it's affordable and of good quality. I use quite a few of their products.

**********************

"My personal favorite makeup look because I felt like such a badass filming that tutorial, it looks so edgy yet sophisticated"

Question#4: I see, chics starting as makeup artist should learn from this I guess;>. Can you share your favorite makeup tutorial which you have done and why is it your favorite?

Answer: My favorite makeup tutorial would have to be the one that I am going to be uploading soon so, you're just going to have to wait and see. It's my personal favorite because I felt like such a badass filming that tutorial, it looks so edgy yet sophisticated. I got very creative whist editing it and I really liked the outcome.

*********************

"I do not wash my hair everyday, I only wash them every 2-3 days"

Question#5: Apart from being a makeup artist and youtube guru, you also model & have some amazing features like, your long hairs. How do you maintain such long hairs? Share some tips.

Answer: Aw, that's so lovely of you to say. As for my long hair, I take after my mum, long hairs are within my genetics. However, I do have a couple of things to tell that I do to maintain them and keep them looking healthy. I do not wash my hair everyday, I only wash them every 2-3 days. I always apply coconut oil before washing my hair. I restrain myself from using heat on my hair as much as I can. Even whenever I do, I always use a heat protection spray. I eat things which contains a fair amount of vitamins, calcium and iron such as, Apples, Oranges and milk.

*****************************

 "I enjoyed striking different poses, it was good fun"

Question#6: You recently modeled in this amazing photo shoot. Tell us more about your experience working with such an awesome photographer?^

Answer: That amazing photographer is actually a friend of mine, believe it or not he is an amateur photographer but he has the skills and capabilities of a professional. His work is absolutely incredible. It was my first time experience getting my pictures taken professionally. But since I am so used to posing in front of the camera, it was totally natural. I enjoyed striking different poses, it was good fun.

************************

"I am not sure if I am a cat lady, but I do love cats a lot"

Question#7: You own three cats and 4 kittens who were born recently. Is it safe to say you are a cat lady?. How you manage work with so many cats?

Answer: I am not sure if I am a cat lady, but I do love cats a lot. Although they can get a bit annoying at times, but I can't give away my cats because I have spent so much time with them. So, they have made a special place in my heart. My mum takes care of the cats and I sometimes lend her a hand.

******************************

"I was a tad bit nervous but I had such a great time"

Question#8: Aw adorable^. How about sharing your experience hosting a show?. Would you be hosting another show in near future?

Answer: It was my first time hosting a show, I was a tad bit nervous but I had such a great time. Hopefully I will continue to host other shows in the future if I ever get the opportunity again.

******************************

"My advice would be to just make the best out of everything you have, you don't need to have expensive products and camera to start off"

Question#9: Hope you do get lots of opportunities girl. As a youtuber what would you advice beginners who want to start their own channel?

Answer: My advice for them would be to just make the best out of everything you have, you don't need to have expensive products and camera to start off. Of course, you can gradually improve the quality of your videos but as a starter, a decent quality camera and a good video editing software will do just fine.

****************************

"Yay- My name :D"

Question#10: Can I have your fan sign?
Of course, you can!

****************************

I feel very privileged that I got my interview taken by someone as talented and hardworking as Saoirse. Thank you so much! I had so much fun answering the questions.

***********************
So sweet of you^, thanks for letting me take your interview Sophia, I had fun interviewing you.
Catch her on:
Youtube
Instagram
facebook
Twiiter

*********************
Hope You enjoyed this week's featured artist post.
For getting your work/photos featured in an interview just email me at:
diaryofseresha@hotmail.com

xo,
-seresha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello fandom, diary of seresha here. Thank you for taking out time and visiting my blog.I work very hard in posting cool content for you. I would love it if you could leave some feedback and tell me in comments what you think about this post. Enjoy surfing brand new cool stuff on my blog everyday. Hope you'll check back again *hearts*