Monday, June 8, 2015

Featured Artist #6: Infinity By Maha Adil

Hello there kiddies:>. I am back again with yet another amazing feature. This time I have someone very special which you all probably recognize already. She has launched her fashion brand last year with some of the cutest and prettiest hand stitched dresses I've ever seen. Most importantly she is from my own city "Islamabad". I am so proud and excited to present you the interview of Maha Adil who is the master mind behind brand "Infinity":


"I finally took the very first step towards my biggest dream of owning a fashion brand and launched it."

Question#1:
Hello, Maha how are you?. So kind of you for taking out time for this interview. Starting from very beginning, can you tell us how did your brand "Infinity" started?. Did you knew since childhood you were going to be a fashion designer?^.

Answer: Hello, I am fine thank you. It's a pleasure being here. I always wanted to be a fashion designer. So last year, I finally took the very first step towards my biggest dream of owning a fashion brand and launched it.



"My logo only denotes the letter "M" with an inverted M under, which is not a W. The logo indicates the sign of "Infinity", depicting abstract concept of clothing which consists of many variations".

Question#2:
The second thing I am curious to know is about your "logo". What is the concept behind your name"Infinity" along with logo? Does your logo denotes initial "M" & "W"?.

Answer: The whole concept occurred to me a while back, when I was brain storming ideas for dress designs. I figured, I already had infinite amount of ideas and notions to create a successful clothing line. For me it was all about that spark. I wanted my clothing line to be based on infinite prepositions, fulfilling my client's needs with no compromise on the quality.  Hence, "Infinity" came into being. My logo only denotes the letter "M" with an inverted M under, which is not an alphabet W. The logo indicates the sign of "Infinity", depicting abstract concept of clothing which consists of many variations.


"There is nothing wrong with finding a look that suits you and relying on it. "

Question#3:
That should clear doubts about your logo to everyone^. So tell us Maha how would you define your designs and personal style which is  incorporated in all of  your collections?.

Answer: Our clothes are an expression of our character, so there is nothing wrong with finding a look that suits you and relying on it. It's all about which category will characterize you the best.


"I consider myself a perfectionist, hence I am very keen on making every detail ultimate. "

Question#4:
That's a true spirit I would say. Your every collection looks so flawless. Can you share what goes on behind the scene for preparing each design?. How much time does it take for stitching a single top?

Answer: I consider myself a perfectionist, hence I am very keen on making every detail ultimate. What you see is what happens behind the scene. From the initial idea to printing to what you finally see the model wearing is of optimum quality.


"How much classic, functional & comfortable is this new top which you are investing in?" .

Question#5:
According to you, what are the 3 things a person should consider when buying a stylish top?^

You should consider these three things: How much classic, functional & comfortable is this new top which you are investing in. .


"If you give me an option to pick only one dress as my favorite then that has to be the latest one from my semi-formal collection"

Question#6:
How many total designs & dresses have you made till now. Which one is your favorite & why?.

Twenty-Eight altogether, they are all my favorites. Since I always put my heart and soul into making every design. But if you give me an option to pick only one dress as my favorite then that has to be the latest one from my semi-formal collection. It took me a a lot of time to design and come up with the final product. I enjoyed making it the most though, since dress detailing always make everything more interesting.

 
 

Question#7:
Can you share 3 looks from your collection. Specifically for formal, casual & work time.^

Formal would be the latest baby pink mukaish dress, casual being the kurtas while work wear would be the polka dot outfit.



"I do believe Islamabad has a possession of some very talented people who surely will be aspiring designers of the coming future".

Question#8:
Do you think there is a scope for fashion designers especially living in Islamabad?. What one can do to become a successful designer any tips?.

Yes, absolutely. I do believe Islamabad has a possession of some very talented people who surely will be aspiring designers of the coming future. I always live by the quotation of my all time inspiration Victoria Beckham as she says: Take a step, launch a collection and become your own best ambassador with constant expansion - the sky is the limit!.


"Being comfortable in your element is the key!."

Question#9:
What are your main source of inspirations, whenever you designing a new collection?^

As mentioned above, Victoria Beckham. She believes in success and not fame which I think many of us need to understand. Being comfortable in your element is the key!.


"My prices range starts from 2,000  to 3,500 rupees."

Question#10:
Tell us about your price range of dresses?

My prices range starts from 2,000  to 3,500 rupees.


"A collaboration is never a bad idea. It does not only enhance your experience working with other talented designers, but also makes the designing process more fun."

Question#11:
Where do you see your brand heading to in near future?. Would you ever like to collaborate with someone when given the opportunity?

In future, I see myself designing more and more clothes for you all lovely people. It's my pleasure. A collaboration is never a bad idea. It does not only enhance your experience working with other talented designers, but also makes the designing process more fun.

Thank you Maha for sharing your lovely designs and taking out time for this interview. Go check out her cute dresses and know more about her updates on her facebook page here.

Credits:
All dresses are designed by Maha Adil
Model: Waliya Najib.

***************************
Well, kids?. What do you think?. Did you enjoyed this week's "Featured Artist" post?. Leave in comments. Also I am featuring work of every artist, if you would like to get your work/brand featured along with full interview email me at : diaryofseresha@hotmail.com.

I can't wait to share with you my next featured artist ;>.
xo,
seresha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello fandom, diary of seresha here. Thank you for taking out time and visiting my blog.I work very hard in posting cool content for you. I would love it if you could leave some feedback and tell me in comments what you think about this post. Enjoy surfing brand new cool stuff on my blog everyday. Hope you'll check back again *hearts*