Thursday, November 27, 2014

Featured Artist#3: Red Work Stitches

It's been long time since I featured any artist on my blog. Ever since I did my first two "featured artist" posts, I have been getting so many requests for featuring more artists. So many of you in-boxed me your work on my face book page, to conduct mini interview and to spread their story behind creation of their brands. Seriously, THANK YOU all. I love all of your work and don't think I will ignore it. Every artist who send me their work to be featured on my blog will be  featured here. But I will do that bit by bit, like not to rush into things. I want to take time in checking out your work and gathering questions individually.^

So today, I've decided to feature amazing embroidery designer "Iva Susec". She does some pretty embroidery on jewelry pieces. Her embroidered figure work is super cool too.^ Iva Susec, she runs an Etsy shop with brand name called "RedWorkStitches".


RedWorkStitches Wall decor x>


Question#1
Hello Iva, I'm curious to know story behind your brand name "Red Work Stitches" what does it mean and how you came up with such an idea?^


Iva: For years I'm collecting vintage red work motives for embroidery. Redwork motives till the 1850's were embroidered only in red color, soon after sometime people started embroidering with blue color too, it rose Redwork to blue work. Today redwork is embroidering in every color you can imagine, but name Redwork is still in use.

Redworkstitches "His" and "Her" hoops^

Question#2
I've seen your embroidery pieces, they look fabtastic, especially your "his" & "her" figures. Was it difficult job embroidering them?^


Iva: I love "his and her" figures, i have plans to make them more soon. It's easy for me to make them, I embroidered since childhood, but objectively I think that anyone who put some effort in it can make them.




Some pretty embroidered roses on brooch by Iva^

Question#3 
Can you share your most commonly used method of embroidering a flower?^

Iva: For roses i use bullion stitch and for other flowers lazy daisy stitch and french knot.

Question#4 

How much time does it takes to make a simple embroidery piece?^

Iva: For simple model, like his and her figures it take around 2,3 hours.


Jewelry Set by RedworkStitches^

Question#5 
What do you enjoy making more?^embroidery jewelry or loop hole hangings?

Iva: Hard question, after long thinking about it I can't decide. For hoop art I use vintage redwork motives which delight me with simplicity, I also love embroidered jewelry because they look like miniature bouquet that never wilt.

Question#6 
Is there a possibility of availability for embroidery patches in near future in your etsy shop?^

Iva: I didn't think about it. It's not in the plan, for now, but thank you for idea.

Question#7
What was the most difficult embroidery project you've done so far?^

Iva: Croatian gold embroidery, that is traditional technique specific for the Slavonic area. Gold embroidery is an embroidery technique in which gold thread is sewed by cotton thread over paper. You can use three types of thread; gold, white gold or silver. It’s usually done on black, green, red, white and blue silk or velvet. You can use sample (patterns) that already exist, but women with more experience make their own samples. Most common motifs are of floral designs. Gold embroidery is dating back in 19th century. It was sign of prestige of rich families, their daughters and sons. It was used for making most beautiful men vests and female shirts. Before that, gold embroidery was only used in churches, on courts and in houses of rich families. Gold embroidery was first mentioned in books of Dubrovnik in 13th century. It is recognized as Croatian souvenir, usually as pictures, bottles, jewelry or national costumes.

Question#8 
Do you have any plans for taking embroidery projects done on apparel?^

Iva: Actually, I was little experimenting with it, but I don't have plans for the future with it.


Cute Rose Embroidered Earrings By RedWorkStitches^

Question#9 
What type of wool and yarns you use for your embroidery?^

Iva: I use cotton thread for making needlepoint.

Question#10 
What is price range of your products at etsy shop?^

Iva: Average price my works on Etsy is around 25-30 dollars.

Question#11 
Any advice for young girls who would love to go on embroidery venture?^

Iva: My advice is that on internet you can find everything, for example I didn't knew about bullion stitch at all, I've learned it on Pinterest and now with that I make maybe my most beautiful items.


*********************************************************

Thank you Iva for sharing your amazing work^
and taking out time for this mini interview x>.
You can check out Eva's Etsy shop here.

*******************

Hope you enjoyed checking out this week's featurette fellas ^,
I better stop getting lazy and start featuring more of you all artists,
What you think?x>.

***************************
And now you can follow me at:

Redbubble Shop: SaoirseChic (For buying my cool Artwork products and prints)
Kaymu Shop: Style At Foot Step (For Buying all my hand made goods)
Facebook Page: Style At Foot Step (Professional face book page for placing custom orders)

Instagram: Saoirse Chic (I update it three times a day^)
Pinterest : Saoirse Chic (Has lots of fun pins)

***********************

Until next time,
Take Care,

Comment
Subscribe
Request
Share

xo,
Saoirse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello fandom, diary of seresha here. Thank you for taking out time and visiting my blog.I work very hard in posting cool content for you. I would love it if you could leave some feedback and tell me in comments what you think about this post. Enjoy surfing brand new cool stuff on my blog everyday. Hope you'll check back again *hearts*